Re: [BuildStream] Switching to buildbox-run for local builds

On Mon, 2020-04-27 at 20:58 +0100, Chandan Singh wrote:
I'd be in favor of keeping the bwrap backend around for a little
while. This is mostly to allow for a smoother fallback in case there
are any issues, and for performance comparisons. I understand that one
could fall back to an older version, but it'll be slightly nicer to be
able to compare master branches in both cases. This is not a big issue
but given that it doesn't cost us much to keep it for a while, I'd be
in favor of that.

Time-wise, maybe we can give it a month or so?

buildbox-run is the default sandboxing backend since end of April,
i.e., in a few days it will have been a month. I'm not aware of any
significant issues but I also don't know how extensively it has already
been tested by users.

Shall we start dropping the bwrap backend and related code next week or
is there a desire for a slightly longer transition period? If the
latter, please suggest a new deadline.

Cheers,
Jürg