Re: [BuildStream] Responsive, but not overly verbose UX - not-in-scheduler

Hi,

On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 16:39 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom via buildstream-
list wrote:
[...]
   The frontend really should never be poking it's nose all the way
   down into the scheduler's business, this should be communicated to
   the frontend more explicitly with an API provided by Stream().

   There are multiple reasons for this, but even without process
   separation, we should be maintaining the this information and
   context is in an API surface crafted for the frontend, we should
   have the scheduler updating that and be able to refactor the
   scheduler without impacting the frontend implicitly.

The above came out a bit jibberish probably with a rephrase occurring
without any subsequent proof read :)

Just a little fixup:

  There are multiple reasons for this, but even without process
  separation, we should be maintaining this information and context in
  an API surface crafted for the frontend, we should have the scheduler
  updating that information more explicitly and as a result, be able
  to refactor the scheduler more freely without implicitly impacting
  the frontend.