Re: [BuildStream] Proposal: Moving UI into a subprocess

On Tue, 2019-05-28 at 17:47 +0100, Phil Dawson wrote:
Hi Tristan,

Sorry about the slow response, I was convinced I pressed send on this
mail on Friday.

No worries.

[...]
First, keep in mind that we are not talking about `bst shell` here, we
are talking about the scenario where:

An important clarification. It's a feature I've not had much to do with,
so this reminder is useful.

Right, I had a feeling we were not talking about the same thing :)

[...]
Indeed, we've discussed a few options now, so I think it's time for some
experimentation :)

It sounds like we're in agreement now at a high level at least. I think
we're at the point where it makes sense to start work on  a proof of
concept, so we can validate that a) implementing the interactive shell
in this approach is definitely possible and b) we actually see the
performance improvements we're hoping for.

I think so, and I'm more confident that there is some way we can handle
the interactive build failure shell in some way after exploring this a
bit.