Re: [BuildStream] Monthly irc team meeting minutes - Tuesday 19 March 2019

Hi all,

I was using an incorrect meeting bot command and was writing #summary instead of #agreed...my mistake... some important bits related to plug-ins were missed off the summary - please see additions below.

On 2019-03-22 11:55, Laurence Urhegyi wrote:
Meeting summary
---------------
* actions from previous meeting  (laurence, 14:03:02)
* AGREED: all actions from previous meeting are closed off (laurence,
    14:11:37)

* hackfests: next one and improved communication about it  (laurence,
  14:12:16)
  * ACTION: laurence to start to firm up the gathering schedule for the
    project  (laurence, 14:24:50)
  * AGREED: need to have at least one event a year that is in the diary
3 (or even more ) months in advance, to try to increase hackers from
    GNOME /FDO  (laurence, 14:25:25)
  * LINK: https://buildstream.build/install.html   (jjardon, 14:30:44)

* bst-external packaging  (laurence, 14:36:51)

14:55:38 <laurence> #summary for now, let's create a stable bst-external (tethered to buildstream 1.2) so that it can be packaged for pip, and update all appropriate docs

14:57:40 <laurence> #summary and we'll split up #bst-external into #bst-experimental for master (not impacting 1.2 negatively)

14:58:59 <laurence> #summary agreed on a way forward for now to improve user experience for bst-external - there's still work to do to agree a clear policy around plug-ins becoming mature and being 'blessed'

end of meeting notes.

I notice that bst-external has been mirrored and the following created:

https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream-plugins-good

A small point but I think we should agree on names now before changing it becomes more difficult later down the line. I think the above repo should be bst-experimental?