Re: [BuildStream] Responsive, but not overly verbose UX - not-in-scheduler

On 2019-06-11 17:59, Jonathan Maw wrote:
On 2019-06-07 18:04, Jonathan Maw via buildstream-list wrote:

[snip]

Hi,

Having made some progress in implementing this, I think I've reached a
sticking point.
As-implemented, the methods in `State` to set parts of state are in
exactly the same form as the callbacks I'd have frontends able to
register in State, i.e. when `State.set_task_groups()` is called, it
sets the list of task groups, and then executes a callback that would
pass the list of task groups to the frontend.
This makes actually holding any state in State redundant, and I'm not
sure if doing so serves any purpose.

Hi Tristan,

I've got a proof-of-concept implementation for this in https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/1409.

Would you mind having a look at it and giving you opinions?

Thanks,

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Maw, Software Engineer, Codethink Ltd.
Codethink privacy policy: https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html