Re: [BuildStream] Gitlab Merge Trains

On 23/07/2019 16:06, Alexandru Fazakas via buildstream-list wrote:
Hi all,

Due to a broad consensus on IRC, with Gitlab's addition of Merge Trains[1]
we are moving away from using Marge Bot. The changes to the code base
itself are not massive. We're no longer running the usual tests (e.g. everything
Then when will the wsl test be run? Are we going to re-enable them on
every build? Is that sensible? Can we ask some tests to only be run on a
merge train? In the way we used to only run on merge to master?
other than overnight ones) on master, as they would have already been ran
on their branch previously.

Regarding developer work flow: instead of assigning Marge Bot to an accepted
MR, we should just add the MR to a merge train (or start one should none be
already running), as explained in the documentation below.

This change should make accepting and merging multiple MR's at once
easier to do and manage with Gitlab's support.

Regards,
Alex

[1] Gitlab merge trains <https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/merge_request_pipelines/pipelines_for_merged_results/merge_trains/>