Re: [BuildStream] Reporting progress for long-running tasks

On 2019-07-10 17:53, Jonathan Maw via buildstream-list wrote:
[snip]

Unfortunately, I won't have time to implement all of this before I'm moved on to a different project, but I hope to be able to be able to put together an
example of this, so that I can feel out some of the details.

Hi all,

I've put together an illustrative example of this at https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/1482.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to put together an example of progress reporting for long-running tasks that run in subprocesses, but it does manage to show off: * A relatively simple contextmanager for setting progress information in a long-running task. - That logs when it starts and finishes (with the progress information at the time it finished)
  - And render updates are throttled to once per second.

Thanks all,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Maw, Software Engineer, Codethink Ltd.
Codethink privacy policy: https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html