Re: [BuildStream] Adding benchmarking to buildstream CI

On 10/07/2019 17:18, Lachlan Mackenzie via buildstream-list wrote:
[...]
The solution will not add anything to the buildstream pipeline, but will
utilize a "benchmarking bot"

Where would this be hosted and would this incur additional cost?

[...]
which will need to be set by a user when a particular MR branch needs to
be
benchmarked.

I think, if this is adopted, we should discuss which branches need to
auto-labelled.

[...]
   - The bot would trigger a curl build request to benchmarking gitlab CI
     carry out benchmarking run on the MR branch which has the oldest
tagged
     "benchmarking" request whose buildstream pipeline has completed
     successfully.

Would there be any way to manually influence the queue? Will this
benchmarking then block merges until it completes (whether that's a
policy or enforced)?

[...]
It is expected that developers will pick up generated discussion points
and
review results via the benchmarking gitlab ci, rather than adding them
to the
discussion verbosely.

It might make more sense to just send them to the MR directly so devs
only have to look there.

--
Best Regards,
Darius

For Codethink's privacy-policy please see
https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html