Re: [BuildStream] cache key changes

On Wed, 2019-07-10 at 15:20 +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
Just to throw another [implementation detail] suggestion in, which Chandan
mentioned during a hallway conversation last week: how about we define the
cache key's as a proto?  That way we have the serialization be very clear,
and the components of it can be documented with the spec.

This would make sense to me given that we already use protobuf for
artifacts, sources, and CAS/REAPI.

I'd suggest writing a proof of concept and benchmarking that (or
standalone benchmark comparing different serialization approaches).

Cheers,
Jürg