Re: [BuildStream] Committer Policy

On 2019-06-26 15:37, Sander Striker wrote:
I have some questions, though:

1) Since I've only focused on adding in the full commit access for
now,
how should we proceed with partial commit access? We'd need to agree
on
how to split up the codebase areas and who should be assigned
partial
access (see below for my suggestion of the potential split).

2) Do we really care about partial commit access? Things seem to be
working well at the moment in reviews (my patch doesn't change
anything,
just documents the situation) and so maybe it's more hassle than
it's
worth? Also, we'd need to think about how to do the logistical
separation of permissions between these different areas - I don't
know
is Gitlab is capable of this...I know it has the concept of
codeowners
[4].

This is all about trust.  Given we are using a VCS we shouldn't be too
fussed about this, we can always return to a previous state if someone
"abuses" their powers.  Following the social contract, as applying
common sense is likely going to be enough.  If it turns out this is
causing problems, we can introduce a more involved process then.

OK, great - that makes sense. I'll stick with listing just the full committers then.

Thanks,
Laurence