Re: [BuildStream] Source cache summary

Hi again,

On Feb 6, 2019, at 7:34 PM, Raoul Hidalgo Charman <raoul hidalgocharman codethink co uk> wrote:

Hi Tristan,
[...]

Do I understand that with this summary email, we have dropped the idea
of having the `SourceCache` have all the methods which `Source` exposes
and having it call into Source ?

In any case, please clarify the stacking order of the Source
SourceCache modules and please try to ensure that stacking is vertical
and we don't introduce circular codepaths between modules.

Yep, source cache will have fewer methods now, ones required for dealing
with remote/local CAS's  and setting up refs for the sources and
committing a source into the CAS.

Hope this is clearer now!

Yes perfect, makes more sense now :)