[BuildStream] BuildStream Gathering 2018 discussion topic: release schedule 2019

Hi,

this is the proposal I would like  to present during the Gathering for its evaluation.

Slot:
https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NHBlYWV2dmV1cGR2MXYzN2UyODNvNTBtZG4gY29kZXRoaW5rLmNvLnVrX21wZ2FoMHVqNTM4aG5ic2Y0bDdiNHJjaHRzQGc&tmsrc=codethink.co.uk_mpgah0uj538hnbsf4l7b4rchts%40group.calendar.google.com

### Relevant dates

Key dates we want to take in consideration, based on our current user base and the events in which remote
contributors fly to UK/Europe. Please let me know if there are additional dates to consider:

* Key dates considered:
        * ELCE Oct-Nov 2018
        * FOSDEM in Winter: 2nd and 3rd of February 2019
        * GNOME Release (Spring) 3.32: 13th of March 2019
        * GUADEC: week 34-35 August 2018
        * GNOME Release (Autumn) 3.34: Sept 2018

* BuildStream Gatherings 2019 (proposed in the corresponding topic but with dependencies on this one.)
** BuildStream Gathering 2019.a
        * Manchester, UK. Week 5
        * Prior to FOSDEM
** BuildStream Gathering 2019.b
        * Manchester/London, UK. Week 34
        * Prior to GUADEC
** BuildStream Gathering 2019.c
        * Manchester/London, UK. Week x (Autumn)
        * Prior to ELCE or a DevOps event in London.

### New release schedule (proposal)

New Release schedule proposal considering the above dates and the 1.2 release history

* BuildStream 1.4 release week: 4 - 2019
        * Why
                * Right before 2019.a Gathering in Manchester. f2f meeting about planning the next cycle.
                * Ready for FOSDEM. Good PR. Many contributors attending.
                * Mature for GNOME release. At least one minor stable release published.
        * Risks
                * Beta should out before Christmas break.
        * Calendar (Tuesdays)
                * Week 4 - Release (RD)
                * Week 3 - RC2
                * Week 2 - RC1
                * Week 50 - Beta
                * Week 48 - Alpha
* BuildStream 1.6 release week 33 - 2019
        * Why
                * Right before 2019.b Gathering.  f2f meeting about planning the next cycle.
                * Ready for GUADEC. Only a subset of developers attending.
                * Mature for GNOME release. At least one minor stable release published.
        * Risks
                * Summer vacations need to be considered since it can impact Beta.
        * Calendar (Tuesdays)
                * Week 33 - Release (RD)
                * Week 32 - RC2
                * Week 31 - RC1