Re: [BuildStream] IRC monthly meeting next Tuesday November 20th

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 at 11:38, Laurence Urhegyi via BuildStream-list
<buildstream-list gnome org> wrote:

Hi,

On 15/11/18 15:30, Agustín Benito Bethencourt via BuildStream-list wrote:
<snip>
# Agenda

Is there anything you want to discuss? Please add it to the agenda below so we discuss it in first place.

I think that the meeting should focus on the targets for 1.4:

       * Blockers for v1.4[7]

Unfortunately the links at the bottom of the original mail which link to boards
with specific labels do not work as a hyper-link, so people will either have to
enter the label themselves or copy and paste the link manually during the
meeting. Therefore, for reference, the link to the mail about 1.4 targets:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/buildstream-list/2018-October/msg00080.html

In case it helps, I have labeled the issues mentioned in that email
with the "blocker" label [1],
please recheck in case I have missed something.
Also,I think some of the points mentioned there doesn't have an issue
open, maybe is
a good idea to open one

AOB
~~~

I have a points (which I hope can be only a small topic of discussion) about the
release. This has been brought up a few times in various forums now:
incompatibilities between releases (fyi the issue has been moved to the website
section):

https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/website/issues/24

One thing that we have discussed is that the project is generally quite
disciplined about adding a NEWS entry for new features, can we also become
disciplined in adding a section to the website about incompatibilities whenever
we when are landing something that introduces a behavior change for users.

I hope we can start to do this as a project.

Thanks for bringing this up. As a buildstream user I would expect that
the incompatibilities
are not only documented, but a clear migration path exist if we decide
to use 1.4 coming from 1.2 (ideally automated)

Cheers,
Javier

[1]
https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name[]=Blocker