Re: Fixing and communicating the buildstream-docker-images repository structure

Hi Tristan,

The proposed changes make sense to me.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Tristan Maat <tristan maat codethink co uk> wrote:
This would mean that we have to rename a few images in the docker
repository, unfortunately, and I'm not sure how simple that
is. Renaming `buildstream-fedora` and `image-tools` might be
problematic, since these images might be referred to from projects we
have no control over.

As far as I know there isn't a way to redirect from one image to another at the Docker Hub. We just have to leave the images around forever and update the description to point people to the new name, as far as I know.

If there is significant concern over changing their names, they can
probably be left as leftovers from a time before structure, but I
still believe that `buildstream-fedora` should be split into two
images.

I felt this was needed for a while already, just didn't have enough reason to do it.

Sam