Meeting Minutes - Monthly IRC Team Meeting - 06 March 2018

Hi all,

We just held the meeting, summary is available here:

https://meetbot.gnome.org/buildstream-meetings/2018/buildstream-meetings.2018-03-06-14.04.html

And in plain text below.

Full log is:

https://meetbot.gnome.org/buildstream-meetings/2018/buildstream-meetings.2018-03-06-14.04.log.html

See also the wiki page here:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Monthly-Meeting/20180306#preview

Thanks,
Laurence

Meeting summary
---------------
* Actions from last meeting  (ltu, 14:06:06)
  * tlater to do some more research and write a proposal for having the
    fallback platform be configurable  (ltu, 14:06:12)
  * not yet completed, carry forward  (ltu, 14:08:01)
  * tristan to do an unstable release after we land junctions and
    subprojects, the int. tests refactor and smooth out any incremental
    builds issues.  (ltu, 14:08:22)
  * ACTION: Carried forward -  tlater to do some more research and write
    a proposal for having the fallback platform be configurable  (ltu,
    14:09:35)

* Feature Prioritisations  (ltu, 14:09:53)
  * ACTION: ltu to own the list of 'immediate priorities' and set up the
    milestone on gitlab  (ltu, 14:28:12)
  * ACTION: ltu to add
    https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/136 to the
    milestone  (ltu, 14:28:38)
  * a full blown implementation is not needed right now for issue #136,
    but we need at least a stop-gap.  (ltu, 14:30:22)
  * ACTION: ltu to add
    https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/135 to the
    milestone  (ltu, 14:35:53)
  * the proposal for event hooks should be amended to suit the Bazel
    Event Protocol  (ltu, 14:46:40)
  * ACTION: ltu to add event hooks to the milestone, but lower in
    priority that artifact cache expirey  (ltu, 14:47:15)
  * ACTION: ltu to add
    https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/248 to the
    milestone, lowest in priority of those discussed today  (ltu,
    14:57:04)
  * LINK: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta/-/jobs/11178
    (tristan, 15:03:02)
  * let's flesh out discussion of 'storing source references separately'
    on the gitlab issue #248  (ltu, 15:04:40)
  * ltu to add https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/247 to
    the milestone as well  (ltu, 15:04:54)
  * ACTION: ltu to add
    https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/247 to the
    milestone as well  (ltu, 15:05:04)

* any other business  (ltu, 15:05:59)

Meeting ended at 15:07:50 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* Carried forward -  tlater to do some more research and write a
  proposal for having the fallback platform be configurable
* ltu to own the list of 'immediate priorities' and set up the milestone
  on gitlab
* ltu to add https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/136 to
  the milestone
* ltu to add https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/135 to
  the milestone
* ltu to add event hooks to the milestone, but lower in priority that
  artifact cache expirey
* ltu to add https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/248 to
  the milestone, lowest in priority of those discussed today
* ltu to add https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/247 to
  the milestone as well

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------