Re: Release on PyPi

Hi Tristan,

I don't think that BuildStream is really suitable for distribution in
the python package distribution model.

I agree that the python packaging model isn't quite right for BuildStream
and as you mention we have issues with pip even locally. But, my point is that
while we are using pip anyway, we might as well upload it to PyPi so that
install and update operations become slightly simpler and do not require a Git
checkout of the BuildStream repository.

The way I look at it, if we are going to solve #332 relatively soon, then we
should definitely wait for it. Otherwise, I do see some value in publishing to
PyPi with the understanding that we may change the preferred method of
installation in future.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Chandan

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Tristan Van Berkom