Re: How to keep our backlog healthier and improve the WIP visibility

How would you deal with the following issues:

https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/237 "Check that elements produced by BuildStream are bit-for-bit reproducible." https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/431 "BuildStream and BuildGrid clash over use of protobuf"

237 is a long-term goal or requirement, and so far as I know we have no other means to record long-term objectives. 431 is a definite bug, but we do not have a clear course of action for it at the moment and I don't expect anyone to respond to it within a week.

I would like both of these to be recorded until they are fixed or addressed, and I don't think a message on a mailing list is an effective way to record them (because you cannot search for unresolved issues on it).

Jim