Re: Schema for BuildSteam bst/conf files

On 22/01/18 14:18, Jim MacArthur wrote:
Do we want to formally define what fields in BuildStream configuration and element files contain? This wouldn't remove the need to put an informal description in the documentation, which I'm happy to do after the current documentation patches land. If we do think it's a good idea, I'd like to suggest using pykwalify (https://github.com/Grokzen/pykwalify) to do it, mainly because I've used it before, but please suggest other methods. It can be an entirely separate script in contrib to start with.

I think this would be a good idea. It may allow us to remove some of our handrolled input validation code too, although previous experience shows that the error messages from generic validation tools are not always good enough compared to those from validation code written for a specific use-case.

Sam

--
Sam Thursfield, Codethink Ltd.
Office telephone: +44 161 236 5575