Meeting Minutes - Monthly IRC Team Meeting - Tuesday 6 Feb 2018

Hi all,

Minutes from the monthly irc team meeting earlier are below and also available on the wiki here:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Monthly-Meeting/20180206#preview

## Meeting summary

Actions from previous meetings (ltu, 14:07:53)
https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointTwentynine doesn't exist yet, but my guess would be something like 32 for freezes startng and week 37 for initial release. (persia, 14:13:06) as it is a large change, we should land GPG signing before 1.2 release, but there's no hard dependencies on it right now from the other features on the immediate TODO list (ltu, 14:13:50)

Let's discuss how the root-less unix platform should stage sources/dependencies (ltu, 14:14:41) ACTION: tlater to do some more research and write a proposal for having the fallback platform be configurable (ltu, 14:38:04)

Any Other Business (ltu, 14:47:46)
this week we expect to see some breakage in master as we'll be landing a lot of MRs. (ltu, 14:47:54) let's do unstable dev releases when we feel it's appropriate (ie, new features worth talking about or before we land large changes that may break master) - could be roughly every month, but not strictly. Always release tarballs. (ltu, 14:58:43) ACTION: tristan to do an unstable release after we land junctions and subprojects, the int. tests refactor and smooth out any incremental builds issues. hopefully end of next week (ltu, 15:04:45) don't forget to update NEWS files in your branches if you're working on a feature branch (ltu, 15:05:35)

## Action items

tlater to do some more research and write a proposal for having the fallback platform be configurable. tristan to do an unstable release after we land junctions and subprojects, the int. tests refactor and smooth out any incremental builds issues. hopefully end of next week.

## Action items, by person