[BuildStream] BuildStream infrastructure: CI takes a very long time. State of art.

Hi,

as RD (Release Date) approaches, the delivery team becomes more sensitive to build times than ever before,
specially during the RC phase, since more bug fixes land in master and needs to be backported to the release
branch. We have been suffering this issue for some time now and there are short terms and mid term measure we
need to put in place. This mail is related with the short term ones.

Josh Smith has been assigned to evaluate what is the CI investing time on when building BuildStream. If you
are interested in following up this issue, please subscribe to the notifications of
https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/603

A proposal has been sent to define where to keep track of these kind of issues. Feel free to comment on it.
For now, the tickets will be opened in the buildstream repo with the label Infrastructure. They will be moved
as soon as the new repo is implemented, after the v1.2 release.

Best Regards

--
Agustín Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant