Re: [BuildStream] Debuggers

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 5:59 PM William Salmon via BuildStream-list <buildstream-list gnome org> wrote:
Has any one used buildstream and a debugger together? In the buildstream
shell? I would like to know how far people have got with this, I know
gnome use buildstream but many developers don't so i wondered if some
gnome people had debuggers working already, or if this is a thing
holding more back?

I've been successfully using `gdb` inside a `bst shell` environment.

There was an issue with debug symbols going to the wrong place (which seems to still be unmerged in master -- https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/529). With that fixed, GDB works pretty much as expected from inside the sandbox.

Sam