Re: Introducing Agustin to BuildStream [was: Agenda - Monthly IRC Team Meeting - 1 May 2018]

Hi,

On Monday, 30 April 2018 16:01:27 CEST Laurence Urhegyi wrote:
Hi all,

This is not so much of an agenda item as a sort of general update and an
introduction of sorts.....so over the last year or so I have been working
with Tristan to do some general project coordination on BuildStream, but
I'm now handing this over to Agustín Benito Bethencourt (toscalix). I'll
let Agustín introduce himself properly and talk more about his role :)

Thanks for the intro, Laurence.

Most people on this channel knows me already but for those of you who don't,
let me start mentioning that I work at Codethink as consultant. I have prior
experience working in the open and this is not the first time I work in GNOME
related topics.

I'll still be involved in BuildStream, as well as the separate (but related)
Freedesktop SDK work [1]. I've learnt loads working on the project so far,
so thanks to everyone involved, and I'll see you all at GUADEC!

Laurence and I will talk a lot in the future.

After an initial evaluation of the needs, I plan to pay attention to:
* Coordination, taking over Laurence responsibilities.
* Organization of activities targeting alignment among BuildStream
participants.
* Activities that would help BuildStream to increase its current maturity
level: roadmap, release process/delivery, documentation, etc.
* Increase/improve project visibility, first among current participants and
then outside our current contributor/user base.

I would appreciate if you point out pain points, risks or simply specific areas
or tasks that might benefit from some attention from my side, no matter if they
fit in the above description or not. My role is not fully defined yet. Feel free
to reach out to me through this mailing list or in private.

I am looking forward to have some fun collaborating with you in the creation
of something with high impact.

More about toscalix: https://toscalix.com/

Let me finish thanking Codethink for sponsoring my work at BuildStream.

Laurence

[1] https://gitlab.com/freedesktop-sdk/freedesktop-sdk