Meeting Minutes - Monthly IRC Team Meeting - 03 April 2018

Hi all,

We just held the meeting, summary is available here:

https://meetbot.gnome.org/buildstream-meetings/2018/buildstream-meetings.2018-04-03-14.02.html

And in plain text below.

Full log is:

https://meetbot.gnome.org/buildstream-meetings/2018/buildstream-meetings.2018-04-03-14.02.log.html

See also the wiki page here:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Monthly-Meeting/20180403

Thanks,
Jürg

Meeting summary
---------------
* Actions from last meeting  (juergbi, 14:04:00)
  * juergbi Work out new proposal for GPG signing  (juergbi, 14:04:45)
  * tlater to do some more research and write a proposal for having the
    (juergbi, 14:05:43)
  * ACTION: Carried forward - juergbi Work out new proposal for GPG
    signing  (juergbi, 14:06:51)
  * ACTION: Carried forward - tlater to do some more research and write
    a proposal for having the fallback platform be configurable
    (juergbi, 14:07:05)

* Immediate Priorities  (juergbi, 14:07:16)
  * LINK: https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/316
    (tristan, 14:15:21)
  * Current status:
    https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/milestones/11  (juergbi,
    14:25:13)
  * Add #316 to immediate priorities, prepare steps to find the cause
    when it can be reproduced  (juergbi, 14:25:14)

* Merkle trees as first class citizen  (juergbi, 14:28:00)
  * Should we have merkle trees as first class citizen; potentially with
    a proper "API".  We've seen them come up in the Remote Execution
    support branch, mentioned in the issue on provenance (GPG signing),
    and, there is potential for leveraging in source mirroring.
    (juergbi, 14:28:21)
  * ACTION: juergbi to propose API as part of the remote execution work,
    validate API for other use cases  (juergbi, 14:40:47)

* Any other business  (juergbi, 14:42:30)

Meeting ended at 14:48:49 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* Carried forward - juergbi Work out new proposal for GPG signing
* Carried forward - tlater to do some more research and write a
proposal
  for having the fallback platform be configurable
* juergbi to propose API as part of the remote execution work, validate
  API for other use cases

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* juergbi
  * Carried forward - juergbi Work out new proposal for GPG signing
  * juergbi to propose API as part of the remote execution work,
    validate API for other use cases
* tlater
  * Carried forward - tlater to do some more research and write a
    proposal for having the fallback platform be configurable

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* juergbi (62)
* tristan (62)