Re: Next irc Monthly Meeting

On Mon, 2017-10-23 at 18:14 +0100, Laurence Urhegyi wrote:
Quick note on the next irc monthly meeting date and time:

Tuesday 14 November

I propose that, rather than UTC, we have the meetings at 09:00 EST, allĀ
year round.

Ummm, strongly disagree with a pinch of agreement.

I must insist that we have the meeting always in UTC - it doesn't have
to be the same time every month, it can even be at a time which happens
to coincide with 9am EST, I have no objections to that, but lets always
have it in UTC.

We're a public project, local times are just confusing all around - we
can not assume we know the timezone of everyone who intends to attend,
so we should always announce primarily in UTC (you can add some sample
local times to the announcement if you are feeling generous, but I feel
that primary official meeting time should *always* be UTC only).