Re: Status of Buildstream tests?

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Jonathan Maw <jonathan maw codethink co uk> wrote:
On 2017-07-28 12:38, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
Hi!

It seems that the tests from buildstream-tests are failing for me due
to permission errors - like so:

---
Error: File permissions differ for files results//tar-test/test
(-rwxr--r--) and expected//tar-test/test (-rw-r--r--\n)Error: File
permissions differ for files 'results//tar-test/test' and
'expected//tar-test/test'

tar-test                              failed

Tests for 'tar-test' failed.----

This might be due to wonkiness due to checkouts from git losing
permissions?  Should we have a script to reset the permissions to a
known-good state?  Or?

Hi Justin,

Having a look at this, the issue is further confused by the way tar file permissions are being handled.
Looking at the tar that the file comes from, it has permissions -rwxr-xr-x.

In the long-term, we probably want the tar implementation to preserve permissions.
In the short-term, I think the simplest solution is to make this test disregard permissions when comparing files.

So, I get this failure for *all* of the tests - not just tar.

Should we be deleting the results directory in the beginning of the
test run?

I think this would probably be a good idea, as I tend to forget to run `./run-test.sh clean` more often than I need to look at what the results were.

https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream-tests/merge_requests/12

I wrote it so that the we clean before we run so if you want to look at the results, you still can.  And, I added a 'run' option if you want to not clean.

Cheers.  -- justin