Profiling and optimisation of BuildStream

Hi,
Angelos has already started some discussions about benchmarking and performance, and I've now got time to start looking into this as well.

In order to coordinate things, I've started up a wiki page at https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/BuildStream/Performance

The intention of the page is to give structure to the work, and to track useful resources for doing profiling and optimization work. Any specific performance issues we find should be tracked in the issue tracker as normal (and please use the 'Optimization' tag). I think it'll be good to link to all such issues from the wiki page too, although that may turn out to be too much faff.

Getting edit access to the wiki.gnome.org is a bit involved due to the anti-spam protection. Basically you have to first register an account on the wiki (usernames of the form FirstnameLastname are conventional), and then you have to ask someone who already has edit access to add your username to this page: https://wiki.gnome.org/TrustedEditorGroup

If you need someone to do this for you, ask in #buildstream on irc.gnome.org once you have registered a wiki account and one of us will be able to help.

Sam

--
Sam Thursfield, Codethink Ltd.
Office telephone: +44 161 236 5575