Re: Extensible workspaces.yaml format

Hey Sam,

First of all, thanks for taking a look at this proposal. I've created
a WIP MR, #176, for this enhancement.

I like the idea of the version attribute, and also other the proposed changes look sensible as they make it
easier to add more information in a backwards-compatible way.
There's a question of how long we support each version in the code, but I guess 2 parallel versions isn't
too bad.
Yes, support of multiple versions is a slight concern, although I
can't imagine why any further versions would be required (that's not
to say they won't be though). Conversion to the newer format should be
enough to eventually retire support for the older format if this is
the path we decide to go with.

Many thanks
Daniel