[Builder] Adding dependencies to a Python Flatpak project

Is there a "best practice" way to add Python dependencies to a Flatpak project started in Builder? The Flatpak Python documentation provides instructions for "buildsystem": "simple" [1], but Builder sets up Python projects using Meson with the deprecated python3 module [2]. The newer python module for Meson has documented dependency support [3], and I'm wondering if I should just switch to using that.

However, I'm not sure how all of this affects the Flatpak bundling of the app's dependencies. I certainly wouldn't want to require installation of these Python library dependencies via the package manager on systems using the Flatpak.

[1] http://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/python.html
[2] https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/blob/master/docs/markdown/Python-3-module.md
[3] https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/blob/master/docs/markdown/Python-module.md#dependency