Re: [Builder] A flatpak in Builder

On 10/23/18 9:52 AM, Michael Hill via builder-list wrote:

I pointed Builder at the pre-existing flatpak build folder and ran it
as a Directory project. I filled in a couple of details in Build
Preferences and it happily built most of the submodules until it
needed a patch from the patches subfolder that seems to be expected
a couple of levels below where it is now. Is there a way for Builder to
know patches/ is in the same folder as the manifest?

Builder just builds the dependencies with flatpak-builder, so they are
resolved relative to the .json manifest all the same.

Note that you cannot use Builder to just build a git repo containing the
.json manifest/etc. Our flatpak support is meant to be used in the
upstream project to build the project itself. Builder takes control of
incrementally building the project, while using flatpak-builder (with
--stop-at) for all of the dependencies.

Also, the "directory" build system doesn't know how to build anything,
so all you're getting is the dependencies/etc.

-- Christian