Re: [Builder] ROS Build Environment

On 01/15/2018 02:12 AM, Christian Merkl wrote:

I am using your application and I would like to expand the functionality a bit. Most project I am working on are ROS (http://www.ros.org/) projects. ROS requires a special extension of CMake named catkin.

Now my request: how difficult is it to write a plugin (I guess it must be a plugin, because I found files named cmake-plugin.c, cmake-build-system...) for catkin to be able to build a ROS project? Can I implement this plugin without special knowledge about the builder? Or should I wait until the builder is finished, so it should some documentation available?

What does the CMake extension do? Is it something you can simply install and then CMake knows how to use it, or is it a patched CMake?

One limiting thing with CMake in Builder today is that we don't know how to extract build targets, so things like the "Run" feature or "Unit Tests" is of limited use.

-- Christian