Re: [Builder] how to use gnome-builder with jhbuild

Hi,

On 01/17/2017 10:06 AM, cedlemo wrote:

I work on a patch for epiphany and I have the installed jhbuild
environment, I would like to try out gnome-builder in order to see if it
could be helpful. I work with neovim + pseudo terminal and when I want
to make some modifications, I go to jhbuid/checkouck/the_project_name
and I create a new branch, I do my modifications then I build and test with

- jhbuild buildone the_project_name
- jhbuild run the_project_name

How does it work with gnome-builder, what is the classical "workflow" ?
is gnome-builder can work with jhbuild ?

Our focus has mostly been towards making Flatpak the preferred way to
develop GNOME applications, so our jhbuild support isn't as complete as
it can be going forward.

With that said, what I would do is:

Build epiphany and dependencies once outside of Builder with `jhbuild
build epiphany`. Then open the epiphany project in Builder. Go to "Build
Preferences (Alt+comma) and select “JHBuild” as the Runtime.

Then build/run should work as expected.

What we can do to improve this once we land the new Build Pipeline
branch is to build your application's dependencies as part of the
pipeline. I'll try to land that for 3.24.

-- Christian