Re: [Builder] gnome-builder 3.20.0

El mar. 23, 2016 12:15 AM, "Christian Hergert" <christian hergert me> escribió:

> On 03/22/2016 08:11 PM, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> > May you can add xdg-app information to use this application
> > immediately after it is available. At the same time may is a good
> > idea to release it in xdg-app same day as for tarballs.
>
> We currently have two reasons I'm not heavily pushing the Xdg-App
> version of Builder as "the version to get".
>
> 1) Terminals are spawned inside the run-time, meaning that you see an OS
> that may not be what you expect (e.g. your host system). I'd like both
> to be possible.

This means Builder shows you the runtime environment provided by xdg-app no my host?

If this is true then I think this is OK for now, because you can develop and test over more modern runtimes while they become the standard, I mean, available in LTS versions. Developer can choose to release a tarball, to build and test over other platforms.

Point here is to provide a more productive development environment, as soon as possible. That is something I'm expecting for a while.

> 2) Creating an Xdg-App is an important part of our story going forward,
> and Xdg-Apps are not currently recursive. Meaning we would need helpers
> external to the run-time to help setup and build projects within a
> potentially alternate run-time.

This is a good vision, nut nothing should stop you to develop and test, over productive environment; then go out from it, to use more traditional configure/make/make install/make check on other platforms or runtimes.