Re: [Builder] Fwd: Mockup UI for Terminal Section in Preferences

On 03/07/2016 03:26 AM, Debarshi Dutta wrote:
I have hereby attached a document containing the profile settings
which are present in the gnome-terminal and also the way it is
implemented . I have included two of the classes which are mainly
responsible for the insertion,removal, clone of the profile settings.
I can add a class gb-terminal-settings-list and
gb-terminal-profiles-list to adapt it to the gb-terminal?

Just summarizing what we discussed yesterday on IRC.

1) The most important part to get working is the consumption of GNOME
Terminal profiles. This would have very minimal preferences impact such
as a list of profile names, with one being selected. (Not entirely
different from the style-scheme selector).

2) I'd like to avoid creating wrapper classes for the settings. Instead,
just use the GSettings object to apply settings to the terminal.
Something like:

  gb_terminal_set_profile (GbTerminal *, const gchar *profile_id);

That function would create the relevant GSettings structures and watch
for changes, applying those settings to the VteTerminal instance (of
which GbTerminal is a subclass).

After all of that is done, we can look at doing an alternate terminal
profile editor.

-- Christian