Re: [Builder] Vala project building

As soon as I can land my changes to Builder's Autotools support to Vala libraries, I can switch to fix Vala application templates.

Just a little time to come, hope so.

El 3 ago. 2016 12:13 p. m., "Christian Hergert" <christian hergert me> escribió:
Hi Anastasiya,

On 08/03/2016 07:05 AM, Анастасия Дворовикова wrote:
> I'm trying to build sample Vala application using Builder:
> * New project -> From a project template: Language - Vala, Pattern -
> Empty project
> * Choose Empty File from context menu of the project directory and add
> file main.vala (see below).
> * Get success from Build process (see output below)
>
> No one executable file was generated in this case. What should I add to
> scripts to make building work?

Our templates feature for builder is very recent work, so it doesn't
quite do as much as you might expect (yet).

Open src/Makefile.am and add something like:

bin_PROGRAMS = my-app

my_app_SOURCES = main.vala
my_app_CFLAGS = $(MY_APP_CFLAGS)
my_app_LDFLAGS = $(MY_APP_LDFLAGS)

MY_APP should be replaced with whatever the prefix used in
configure.ac's PKG_CHECK_MODULES(...) line (which was generated based on
your project name).

-- Christian