[Builder] Pointers for beginner.

Hello all,
I am new to the open source community. I am interested in contributing
to gnome in general and I intend to begin with Gnome-Builder as the
project is still under development. I have succesfully installed
jhbuilder and also installed Gnome-Builder under fedora 23.  However I
am at a loss as to how to start. Till now, I have completed the Gnome
basic UI tutorials in C from the newcomers page. If anyone could
provide some pointers as to how to proceed ,I would gladly look into
it.

Is the mailing list a good place to ask such beginner level questions
or should I post such questions only in the IRC?
--
regards,
Debarshi Dutta