Re: [Builder] 3.18 progress

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Christian Hergert <christian hergert me> wrote:
Hi everyone!

Hey.

I'm finally back and settled from moving and GUADEC and looking to do a
final sprint before we get to 3.18.

It's a good time to be submitting bugs you want to see fixed. I also
have some larger features that will land before 3.18, which means we
won't be adhering to the UI/string freeze.

I know this adds extra burden to our translators, but it's something we
need to do to keep momentum. We won't be able to do this forever, so I
think it is important that we do so now.

It's alright as long as we've been warned. At least we know that it's
going to move and we won't have any surprises.

Also Bulider is not yet an official module, so it doesn't *have* to
stick to the release schedule.

If you think it's mostly going to be additions and no deletions or
changes for the strings, you can tell that to the gnome-i18n list so
that translators know that working on it now doesn't mean their work
is going to be thrown away (it'll just be incomplete).

--
Alexandre Franke