Lock drive

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and I have some doubts on how the "lock drive" works on brasero.
I work on a project of a diagnostic software. I work on the optical drive part and I need to implement a lock drive command to lock the tray while the tests are being done.
I didn't really know how to do this on linux, then a saw that brasero have a 'lock drive' that works really well.
If you guys could explain to me how the lock drive works and how can I do that, I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you very much!

(P.S. Sorry for the bad english...)