Re: Burning a CD from Python

2011/3/24 David Narvaez <david narvaez computer org>:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to burn a CD from Python withouth using the GUI?
> Currently I have everything from automatically selecting the
> media/drive to selecting the data tracks, but then the session remains
> with status 2 and I can't seem to find a way to make it change to
> ready status other than using the BurnOptions dialog which does it's
> own thing inside.
>
> Is it even possible? I'm starting to think the Python module wasn't
> even made for those purposes.

Well this is true... Brasero gobject-introspection won't let you do
more than this.
To burn the disc you have to use the GUI.

Try looking at libburnia python bindings (which seem very
outdated/experimental) or use directly
cdrkit/cdrtools via direct syscalls system() or popen() which is what
brasero does.

Hope it helps
Luis