Re: Nikolai Cassanova: Continuously problems with brasero 2.32.1 for ubuntu 11.04

2011/6/30 Nikolai Cassanova <ncassanova11 gmail com>:
> Hi, I still can not burn anything with brasero 2.32.1 on my ubuntu 11.04
> laptop, the recent problem keeps coming up which is that libburn keeps
> getting an error as you can see here in the brasero session log:

<snip>

> I tried using gconf-editor via terminal to change the priorities that
> brasero uses, to use cdrkit first but brasero is not in apps folder in
> gconf-editor.  So my next option i want to do is update brasero to the
> current 3.0.0 version which I seen on the brasero ftp page.  I want to know
> if that will fix my problem? Also i want to know how can i update through a
> ppa?  Thanks in advance.

first install cdrkit or cdrtools then search on brasero schemas for
apps->plugins
if you are using brasero >= 2.32 you need to use dconf-editor (since
brasero changed to gsettings)
and set priority -1 to libburnia and 1 for wodim readom etc...

Hope it helps...

Cheers
Luis