Re: Package 2.30.2

Le dimanche 27 juin 2010 à 17:49 -0700, patrick flaherty a écrit :
> Experienced programmer and while computer science at college was all
> UNIX all the time that was some years ago.  I'm checking out the
> UNIX/Linux world again.  It seems the place to start programming with
> Ubuntu (Kubuntu  in my case) is packaging.

Note that programming and packaging are two related but different tasks,
although it is very useful to have knowledge of one of them to be able
to do the other.

> Seems like I need newer versions of various gstreamer libraries.
>
> Download from here
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/gstreamer0.10-plugins-base and try to
> build.  Now I need a newer version of liboil.  Hmm, seems like I could
> get into infinite recurse here if I don't switch to some tool that
> better handles the dependencies.  Tried synaptics package manager and
> apt-get in various ways but that didn't help.

To install the build-dependencies you need to run:
	apt-get build-dep brasero

In addition I recommend you the reading of the New maintainer’s guide:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

Cheers,
--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know