Re: brasero 2.28.3 reports permission error after burning

Philippe Rouquier <bonfire-app wanadoo fr> wrote:

> This message means that another process is accessing the drive while
> brasero backend (here readom) is trying to get an exclusive access. It
> could be nautilus, ..., or maybe brasero itself (and it would be a bug).
> The best way to know that is to run in a console "lsof /dev/sr0".
> I doubt moving to cdrtools would solve that particular problem though it
> would indeed solve many other ones.

There are more than 100 well known problems in the fork. These problems
in the fork are known since more than 3 years and nonbody did ever try
to fix them.

There are currently no known problems in the original software and it is a
well known fact that going to the original software will also fix this problem
in special. The fact that this problem can be solved by going to the original
software is even documented in the various bug tracking systems of Linux
distributors that use the fork. People who check the source even know that
this is one of many bugs that have been introduced by Debian and that did never
exist in the original software.

BTW: as the fork is based on a more than 5 year old version of the original
software, it misses _many_ of the features found in recent original software.
It would be nice if some GUIs would implement support for these new features.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily isdn cs tu-berlin de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       js cs tu-berlin de                (uni)