Re: Brasero 2.27.91 release

El mié, 02-09-2009 a las 14:25 +0200, Joerg Schilling escribió:
> Why should I follow the blackmailings of OSS enemies?
>
> Let us asume that I claim that there is a legal problem in brasero.
> Do you believe it's authors would change the license for brasero?
>
> Jörg

From:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legal-list/2009-July/msg00000.html

seems that FSF also reviewed the problem:
"The CDDL has been reviewed by
multiple organizations, including the FSF and Red Hat Legal, and they
agree in the assessment that dependent combinations of CDDL and GPL code
result in an incompatible work."

Why do you think that combination used in cdrtools doesn't result in an incomatible work?

Also:
"2) A version of "cdrtools" which does not contain inherent license
incompatibilities. This could possibly be accomplished by adding some
sort of linking exception for GPL licensed code, or by choosing a
license which is known to be GPL compatible as either a replacement for
the CDDL or a dual-license option. I would recommend that you retain
legal counsel to assist you with this task if you decide to pursue it,
the Software Freedom Law Center provides no-cost assistance to FOSS
coders in such matters (http://www.softwarefreedom.org/)."

Maybe this option should be explored