Re: Many bugs in latest version

Le lundi 28 septembre 2009 à 23:32 +0200, Maxim Levitsky a écrit :
Hi, I did another round of testing.
Burn settings are shown correctly now when adding 2nd session.

This time I have used libburn for all the work.
To be sure, I removed wodim, cddao, dvd+rw-tools, and genisoimage.

Here are problems I found, mostly libburn/libiso bugs:

1 - disk label (normal) is written in all caps. Joiliet label is written
normally but can be truncated due to size limit. currently, latest -git
of util-linux-ng will use normal label only if its first 16 chars are
same as in joiliet label.

Yes, they stick closely to the standard specifications. Perhaps there is an options to relax that ..

2 - next sessions use always the label from 1st session (normal label)
thus now both joilet and normal label are same, but uppercase

This is annoying, I'll have a look at it.

3 - writing CD-RW with simulation fails (drive doesn't want to close
track or so, log (attached) brasero-session-1.log

Thanks I'll take a look.
4 - audio recording fails (tried on two disks)
   first track is written normally, then brasero begins to write 2nd
one, and then fails (log brasero-session-2.log)
This isn't devkit bug, I stopped it, (and removed its dbus startup
file), to be sure.

This one is really annoying. I can reproduce but not fix and I'm starting to wonder if it is not in libbrasero burn itself. It only happens with TAO not DAO and seems to be linked to the fact that after writing the first track libburn asks the next writable sectors which seems to return 1 (the beginning of the session) which has been already written by the first track. But I may be wrong here.

5 - not sure if this is bug, but adding new session on DVD+RW, shows for
some time that it is 'blanking' the disk, although no information is
erased. Does it actually blank new area it will write, can you explain?

It's sort of a bug. It turns out that DVD+RW  need a small formatting (which should concern only the sectors that are going to be written) before writing. Since in libburn plugin we listen to the drive actions, brasero reported blanking (which is an oversimplified way to say it's formatting). Anyway, I've added some context and now brasero should say 'start recording' which is far less confusing.

Thanks a lot for this thorough testing. I'll try to fix these issues.

Regards,

Philippe