I want to contribute to Brasero Development

Hi,
I want to contribute to the Brasero Project. I have done some
coding with c, glib, gtk. While going through how to contribute
to GNOME project in the GNOME website, I signed myself up
in Gnome Bugzilla. Then I came across a Brasero Bug (602888).
With a view to debugging it, I downloaded the Brasero source code
from gnome git. I am studying the source code, but I am stuck now.
I could figure the control flow for opening an existing project in the
following way:
brasero_project_manager_open_cb
->brasero_app_open_uri ->brasero_app_open_by_mime
->brasero_app_open_project ->brasero_project_manager_open_session
->brasero_project_open_session
->braser_disc_set_session ...
Whenever there is a file + empty folder in the project's top
directory, it loads the project view correctly. If there are only
folders in the top project directory, it needs an event like
Adding a new empty folder or file
to load the correct view.
In the code for adding a new empty directory:
it gets the parent tree structure first, then appends it
with the new entry.

I am confused. Please guide me.

Regards,
rtnpro