new idea (about burning data on un-writable disks)

Hi,
i'm an amateur programmer in Qt4, and used to play with VB.net, in windows.
I've got a BIG plan about burning data on un-writable disks. There are a bunch of failed disks in any house,
and there is a huge space in any CD or DVD, that is unfortunately un-usable. I believe they can be used.

I need your help to lead me the way to this goal. The burning softwares in windows only use an API which cannot read such disks at all!
For this project, we have to handle the DVD-Writer by ourselves.

What do you think? can we add a plugin for Brasero, doing such master-job, or should I start a new software?
thanx,
-Amin Behdarvand