Re: New test of brasero + libburn

Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 13:18 +0200, Maxim Levitsky a écrit :
Hi,
I did another routine test of brasero, libburn, etc...

Thanks
I found that now brasero insists on cdrecord/wodim for audio cd burning,
is this intended?

This is a bug. It's probably link to the fact that wodim can burn CD-TEXT whereas libburn can't and we try to have the best results possible. That said, once it has asked, it should not ask again. Could you open a bug please?

Other than that, I found that gstreamer usage for transcoding is broken.
Even when I used a MPEG-2 transcoded video (using avidemux), and
attempted to write an VCD or DVD image I got meaningless gstreamer error
messages:

(brasero:25073): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_state: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed
(brasero:25073): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `<invalid>' in cast to `GstObject'
(brasero:25073): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_unref: assertion `((GObject *) object)->ref_count > 0' failed

File a bug please.
Also, it insisted that I couldn't put a 19 minute video to VCD.

File a bug please
Speaking of VCD/DVD, why its not possible to record 'em using libburn?
Looking through plugin code shows me that both vcdimager and dvdauthour
plugins produce iso images. Why its not possible to record them on the
disk?
Nope, vcdimager produces bin/cue images and libburn (at least brasero plugin) can't handle that at the moment.

Btw,  libburn maintainer, re added the support for raw recording.

Ah, I'll try to keep that in mind.

Thanks again