Re: Ideas for Summer of Code

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 00:36 +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> - NRG Support:
>
> Without doubt, Nero is the standard image format for Windows format.
> Currently Brasero cannot handle NRG file. I can implement that.
> Whether directly or using NRG to ISO converter. I don't think problems
> of licensing should apply considering it is a free software for
> personal use.

Yes we can add that feature but it's not right to use SOC for a job you
can do in one week (or less).

> - Mount:
>
> No support exists for mounting images. An image mount tool would be
> really wonderful. Work can be done on, it would make the software
> complete. (I might face some difficulty in this, since I am not clear
> with the Linux internals of HAL etc.)

Mounting images is already done in GNOME by Nautilus we shouldn't
duplicate the work.

> - GUI, 1 Click CD Copy
>
> The GUI can be improved. Currently Brasero uses what is the 'Classic'
> mode in Nero. If you did a survery (I did), you would find that nobody
> uses that. The 'Express' mode is highly preferred cause of the ease of
> use it offers. I can tailor make it to an easy to use GUI which makes
> use of the 'Express' mode as of Nero, thus enabling even novice users
> to freely use it.

This could be interesting, i don't use nero since 98 but if i remember
that express mode is done by dialogs. So this could be a valid propose.

Luis