Re: Brasero improvements over the 2.26 release cycle

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 12:29 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

> > > The library isn't usable in Rhythmbox or sound-juicer, as it conflicts
> > > with their license (GPLv2 vs. GPLv2 + exception).
> >
> > Well, they are not incompatible per se, it’s just that the exception
> > cannot apply if rhythmbox/sound-juicer links to this library.
> >
> > For the record, what is making this exception necessary? I don’t think
> > any non-GPL-compatible GStreamer plugins are required for the normal
> > operation of rb or s-j.
>
> Let's make it clear: from what I understand, it seems it's a blocker in
> Bastien's mind. It is a blocker for me too. We can have some long
> discussion about all that, but in the end, it might cause difficulties
> that we don't have with the ncb library (eg, Bastien rejecting the
> rhythmbox plugin).

Right now Brasero is currently re-licensing the library again, we
already contacted the people involved asking about the change. There
were some bits in the library that Philippe re-wrote (that used NCB
code) to be compatible with SJ and RB.
So we still expect to have all this done (of course with Bastien help to
review our patches :) ) before the deadline. We have been working harder
to accomplish all new features and deadlines.

Luis