Re: Brasero improvements over the 2.26 release cycle

Le lundi 12 janvier 2009 à 19:18 +0000, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> > - Split Brasero into a library (available on trunk) named
> > libbrasero-media that is being documented (devhelp) and re-arranged so
> > we can deliver a stable API.
>
> The library isn't usable in Rhythmbox or sound-juicer, as it conflicts
> with their license (GPLv2 vs. GPLv2 + exception).

Well, they are not incompatible per se, it’s just that the exception
cannot apply if rhythmbox/sound-juicer links to this library.

For the record, what is making this exception necessary? I don’t think
any non-GPL-compatible GStreamer plugins are required for the normal
operation of rb or s-j.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.