Re: New test of brasero + libburn

Hi,
Sorry for no replies for long time, being quite busy lately.

I did some testing, and this what I found in today's -git version of
brasero.

First brasero still refuses to write audio disks using libburn,
complaining that,
that I need to insert 'compatible CD/dvd'. Doesn't ask to install
cdrecord though, also works if I enable 'wodim' or 'cdrecord' plugin.

Then I tested support for writing video disks and transcoding.
Of course there is still no way to write these disks using libburn, so
I created image files. I have one question, though, that it seems not to
be possible to create DVD Video image, but only VCD.

First of all, dialog for creating video disks misses initialization for
aspect ratio.
Despite being set to 4:3 initially, brasero fails with,
"**ERROR: [brasero] SVCD only supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios"
Clicking on ratio radio buttons fixes that issue.
Then I found out it will transcode 19 minutes video to 716 MB file,
which doesn't fit most CD disks.
Is video CD that small? In that case why it is supported, who needs a
disks that can't hold even half an hour?
Can brasero lower the bitrate?, or it is hardcoded in spec?

Creating VCD (as opposed to SVCD), stalls at transcoding unless I select
NTSC format. When it stalls, it never makes it past 1MB 'done'.

Attempting to add a ogg video file (created with cheese) makes brasero
show 'Loading' at main window for ever.

And lastly, I noticed that as soon as I add any files to an project,
the drop down part of the combo box that selects drives
won't show any text for the cd recorder, it only shows the image
If I remove all files from project, text is back.
This did happen for long time, but now I understand how to reproduce.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky